Position: Shopify Developer
Location: Hybrid - 1- 2 Days in Leigh, Greater Manchester and 2-3 days remote
Our client an E-commerce driven web agency hiring a SHOPIFY Front-End Developer.
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great user interfaces and experiences.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help build beautiful E-Commerce websites on the Shopify platform for forward-thinking brands.
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great user interfaces and experiences - and who can help shape, build and test websites with commercial awareness.
- You will need a passion for the tech and e-commerce space.
- Agency experience to be at the forefront of direct to consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, ambitious, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a can-do attitude.
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+, CSS3+ & SCSS/SASS
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control systems Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of best web performance practices, development for accessibility and SEO Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience with Liquid and Shopify theme development.
- You prefer high quality and optimized code over speed
- Willing to think beyond the task given and are a self-starter
- Working closely with a team of front-end web developers, UI/UX designers to build e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects on margin
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team
- Extremely responsive through Slack and email. Communication is key.
- Ability to manage your time across multiple web builds Willing to adapt and learn from frequent code reviews
- Willing to do screen recordings and video calls when needed
- You will work with a project manager who will have projects/tasks scoped out
- Provide and review time estimates to ensure the project can be completed on time R
- 3+ years experience as a developer, ideally in an agency setting
- Experience using SASS/SCSS (preferred but not required)
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience using Code Editors like VSCode
- Experience with design software such as Figma Experience with Node.js/NPM (preferred but not required)
- Comfortable using the command line
- Industry oriented base salary
Contact Person: Elvis Eckardt