Position: Senior Scala Engineer
Location: Manchester 1 Day/week and 4 Days Remote
Salary: 60-100K base based on experience + Bonus and Perks, depending on experience
Qualities, Skills, & Experience
- Self-motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic to learn and try new things.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, where every day is different.
- Experience managing the technical aspects of an organisation to ensure that they're in line with the company's growth targets
- Significant experience with Scala and its ecosystem of libraries
- Experience building performant, scalable apps for serving RESTful content or processing/ingesting data
- B2B Experience
- Banking/Financial Services Experience (Open Banking, Secure Document Uploads, Verification AI, Electronic Signatures, etc.)
- Integration Experience
- Degree-level knowledge of Computer Science or related technical field
- Produce high-quality code which is well-structured and simple to understand
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Front-End and other Backend Developers to understand problems and to design solutions
- Embrace agile methodologies and engage in a culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborate on a daily basis with fellow developers to solve problems and write code
- 60-100K base based on experience
- 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policy
- The office space in Manchester, but ultimately the client cares more about you getting the job done and achieving results rather than where you do the work. If you wake up on Monday and want to come into the office - great. If you wake up on Tuesday and the best thing that day is to work from home - great. No red tape, and no bureaucratic process to get permission, just do what you need to do to achieve the results.
The Client :
The client is a fast-growing fintech start-up with an office in Manchester, but with an open mind for remote and flexible working (half of the team lives/works in and around London!) and is backed by venture capital firms and leading angel investors.
Contact: Elvis Eckardt